The project began in 1927, when a Canadian entrepreneur Albert E Du Beau relocated to
Flagstaff to materialize his vision of a posh “Motor Hotel”. He purchased a prominent site
on the original Route 66 corridor and chose a “U” shaped layout for his 3 building complex.
His clever plan included guest rooms opening onto a courtyard car park and enclosed
steam heated garages, as defining features of his modern Motel concept. *
photos and copy from the motel du beau web site